Starcross *+
Welcome to Starcross

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Starcross *+
Welcome to Starcross
Starcross *+
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Smash Bros Brawl Mods

2 posters

Go down

Smash Bros Brawl Mods Empty Smash Bros Brawl Mods

Post  Chad Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Well, given that I have my Flickr account posted here (and mentioned ingame before) I should probably elaborate on two of the photo albums.

For those unaware there is a large modding community for Smash Bros Brawl. This entails everything from skins, models, item edits, stage edits, sound changes, menu mods, and even brand new characters (such as Viewtiful Joe, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sephiroth, Cloud, etc). A large database is kept at http://kc-mm.com/.

Now, back to my Flickr account. I've finished a skin of Peach that is based off of the Stalker from RO. I'm happy with it. I suppose I have to be considering that the drive which housed all my psd files for it died on me so I can't do color edits (easily at least). However, I had been working on a model edit to change Peach into Anthy Himemiya from Utena. As seen here: http://utena.wikia.com/index.php?title=Anthy_Himemiya&image=Anthy-1--jpg. Unfortunately I lost a good seven hours of work on that, but I gained a little knowledge of 3DS Max so that's always a plus.

So, as it stands the album entitled "Anthy Peach" is just that. A model edit of Peach to make her look like Anthy in her Rose Bride dress. At the moment the pictures indicate most of my progress. That being that I've completed the cuffs, one half of the skirt is smoothed, tiara is finished, glasses are finished, the vest is more or less complete (sans the pocket), one epaulet is done. Mirroring the epaulet, skirt, and modifying the hair/head is really what's left. After that it's just to fine tune the texture (not pictured, obviously). Well, I'd like to tweak her items into the Sword of Dios, the broken training sword (sorry I don't know the precise name) that Utena used, and then I was going to go with Juri's sword as the last item (as it played a more prominent role than the others).

There ya go, an explanation on the two albums. I've got other ideas (Utena has to be made) for other characters (Zero Suit Samus and Zelda being my bases) but my focus is clearly to finish Anthy first.

Not sure if anyone cares or was curious but that's what they are. I intended to post this eventually but with Van having questioned it in another topic I figured I'd put it up now. Any questions let me know.

And yes, I'm aware that my skills are fairly rudimentary in 3DS Max and Photoshop but I'm progressing.

Edit: Heh, in retrospect this may come across as mildly irritated/harsh... I'll clarify and elaborate a bit more. As there actually was something else I meant to put in.

So, I already had this discussion with Dan and FW but I want further input on something relating to Anthy's texture. I'll link to a few more pictures further down for reference. I need suggestions on the type of cloth that would be used to make the dress. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so slapping a flat texture on her skirt and calling it good would drive me insane. Which is where everyone else comes in, I need ideas. Also, "shiny" "matte" is not a full answer... I want an actual cloth so I can analyze the way it looks and then skin the dress from there. Further qualifiers are fine but I'd like the cloth at the very least.

Here's a couple reference pics:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuZHOaItGMXegTKqkC3wTUZE3NJfeK7OdSz4tv0Qxt7pcULNBz
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/000075g3.jpg
Chad
Chad
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros Brawl Mods Empty Re: Smash Bros Brawl Mods

Post  Giovani :] Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

wow i didnt know the modding comunity for ssb was this big [just a casual player] just found an Ezio auditore mod. quite interesting
thanks for the tip xD

about the clothing: will velvet look good with this tone of color? [considering the color already on that acc]
you said you tried silk already...

edit: thanks for the explanation chad :]
Giovani :]
Giovani :]
Guildie
Guildie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum